Senior Wet Utilities Design Engineer
- Independently carry out design of collection, conveyance, and disposal of pressure networks
- Prepare and develop hydraulic models for pressure network, design reports and conversant with design software like Bentley WaterCAD / WaterGems, Bentley Hammer and WANDA software
- Carry out load demand calculations for large private developments and/ or large government projects
- Planning, designing and construction of water supply systems, including Water treatment, pumping systems, intake structures, etc.,
- Shall have basic experience in creating utility cross sections as per requirements of local authorities in the Gulf region like RTA (Dubai), DMT (Abu Dhabi), MOMRA (KSA), etc.
- Preparation of technical specifications and design reports. Shall be conversant with the British and American codes as well as DEWA / DM regulations for the design of wastewater systems
- Liaising with service providers agencies for obtaining NOCs and Design Approvals, etc
- Frequently interfaces with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials
- Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses
- Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower level Engineers working on the same project
- The engineer will be required to carry out CAD related tasks while using special 3D software and model creation
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances
- May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering related matters
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s degree is preferable
- Minimum 12 years experience in design of urban water supply and irrigation systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience in UAE/GCC is preferred.
- Knowledge in load demand calculations for large private developments and/ or large government projects
- Conversant with Water / Irrigation / Firefighting Authority regulations such as DEWA, ADDC/ ADWEA, DM, ADM, DCD, ADCD and other relevant authorities within gulf region.
- Knowledge of latest software like Civil 3D, Dynamo, Python, Open Roads, Open Utilities, GIS is required
- Professional Engineer registration will be a plus
- Regional/international experience of water systems design and management strategies in comparable situations
- We are looking for a team player with strong inter-personal, communication and excellent report writing skills
- Experience in on-the-job training and mentoring in pressure system design and management skills
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.