To design & support IT-solutions for the EK Group. Working as part of a design & support team, the Senior Technical Engineer will design, develop, support, and deliver robust and cost-effective solutions for both Business and IT led initiatives including solution development and cost estimations, configuration and deployment, Business Case Development & Approval.
To support, contribute and ensure solution compliance to the enterprise architecture, production processes, QMS and other EG-IT standards.
To support, contribute and ensure development of the roadmap of the concerned technology roadmap aligning with IT strategy.
– Provide expert technical consultancy and guidance to EG-IT dealing within the technology area and act as lead technical member in the project team delivering the work packages assigned.
– Develop IT Solutions that meet customer requirements. Ensure that the design is robust, appropriate and of high quality and conforming to corporate standards and in line with the technical strategy.
– Ensure that the developed architecture/solution meets the service level requirements in terms of expected availability, capacity, continuity, security, performance and reliability. Ensuring that the developed architecture/solution meets the service level requirements in terms of expected availability, capacity, continuity, security, performance and reliability.
– Foster the development of high performing technical teams to meet strategic architectural objectives.
– Develop Solution architectures for assigned projects with established EA standards and also to support in the development of technology advancements and adaptation of new technologies.
– Collaborate with other IT Technology Teams to implement ongoing monitoring of the relevant technology to ensure severity 1 & 2 Incidents are configured within EMS.
– Provide guidance to Project managers / Technology Team Managers for solution definition, technical design and development of in house developed solutions. These are to be delivered as per agreed costs and timescales to meet signed off functional, technical and process requirements.
– Ensure that assigned incidents are resolved within the agreed Service Levels and problems are defined and analysed in line with the Problem Management Process. Ensure that solutions to problems meet the architectural and security standards within the technology area and impact to the business is minimised. Own & manage changes within the Technology Area.
– Publish and maintain high quality documentation for technology area. Working within the standard templates and documentation guidelines which includes detailed design, configuration details, support procedures, operations manuals and deployment architecture.
– Manage End of Life replacement of equipment and/or software within the technology area to ensure conformance to technical standards and support the technology initiatives and directions.
– Ensure the process and enhancement specifications are translated into effective programs with error free code using the enterprise development tools, methods and languages.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a subject relevant to Information Technology.
Experience: 8+ years in Information Technology
Knowledge: ITIL and AGILE Frameworks
– Agile and DevOps practice, servant leadership principles.
– Database expertise – Relational, NoSQL and Distributed SQL databases and cloud DBaaS.
– Cloud expertise – experience with leading public clouds, VMware based private cloud.
– Automation expertise – Terraforms, Ansible, Jenkins, shell scripting.
– Interpersonal skills, Influence and Negotiation.
– Organising for Outcomes, attention to detail and quality.
– Analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Cloud platforms – DB specialty or Architecture level.
– Extensive Oracle database administration experience in senior DBA function for large organization. Deployment, operations, tuning, backup, security.
– Strong in data modelling, writing and optimizing statements in respective languages and scripting for Oracle DBs.
– Advance knowledge in Oracle database architecture and features, both in private and public cloud environments.
– Experience with continuous availability deployments – RAC. Experience with Oracle ADG, Enterprise Manager, Oracle Golden Gate.
– Experience in environments requiring low latency, high throughput, availability and scalability. Performance tuning and advisory. High availability and always on experience – zero outage patching on rolling principle. Web grade scalability and availability experience.
– Experience in usage of Oracle DBs in public clouds – Amazon AWS, MS Azure. Cloud aware architectures deployment and support background, both for IaaS and DBaaS (AWS Aurora etc.).
– Expert in performance tuning, capacity management and troubleshooting large Oracle DB deployments with continuous availability requirements.
– Experience with other RDBMS – MS SQL, PostgreSQL – both IaaS and DBaaS.
– Experience with Distributed SQL databases – Yugabyte, MariaDB, CockroachDB.
– Responsible for day-to-day monitoring, patch analysis and deployments.
– Expertise in cloning / refreshing production application and database to non-production instances, automated cloning, automated DB patching.
– Experience in automation in large scale database environment – Ansible, Jenkins, Terraforms, shell scripting in CI/CD environment. Everything as a code approach. Git and code maintenance experience.
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.