Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Subsea Pipeline Designer based in Abu Dhabi for a permanent contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Understand the requirements of the design quality system and meticulously ensure that these requirements are met by all the team.
- Plan workload efficiently among the team and ensure timely completion of the job.
- Produce and review presentable and accurate drawings, including a consistency check.
- Checking and interface between his own discipline and other disciplines at all stages of the design.
- Adhere strictly to Company quality and safety regulations/standards.
- Understanding of vendor drawings and its interface points with Client engineering documents.
- Knowledge of survey techniques and co-ordinate systems & their conversions.
- Working knowledge in Google Earth & satellite images.
- Working knowledge in survey and GPS instruments.
- Experience in route survey and route selection
- Should be able to prepare and check different types of pipeline drawings, like Pipeline Route Maps, Field Layouts, Pipeline Alignment Sheets, Constraint Maps, Station Approach Drawings.
- Should be able to prepare and check Pipeline crossing drawings for Road, Rivers and other obstacles crossing.
- Knowledge of different crossing methodologies like HDD, Microtunnelling, Auger Boring and open cut.
- Pipeline typical drawings.
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum Diploma in Engineering preferably in Mechanical discipline.
- A minimum of 12 years related experience plus proven capability in an engineering design or EPC firm.
- Minimum of 5 years, in offshore pipelines with experience in front end and / or detailed design, out of 8 years experience in design of oil & gas facilities
- Proven experience in AutoCAD with viewports and xrefs.
- Have level of field experience in oil and gas construction.
- GIS experience will be an added advantage.
- Offshore Pipeline experience will be a added advantage.
- Good spoken and written English and PC literate.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.