Job description / Role
My client, a large mixed disciplinary consultancy is seeking a Senior Specification Writer for their Abu Dhabi office.
Candidates who fulfil the following criteria are invited to apply, due to Covid-19 travel restrictions preference to candidates who are in the UAE and available for an immediate start. .
* The Senior Spec writer will be responsible for writing, editing, and coordinating architectural specifications and related documents including master specifications.
* Will prepare outline specifications for design development phase; assemble project manuals for construction documents phase; and prepare agenda during bidding phase.
* Will share responsibility for maintenance of a technical resources library and research of methods, materials, and systems, work with project teams, edit specifications, with multiple projects concurrently.
* Must be able to coordinate, oversee, and review specification writing by other consultants.
* Participate in project design development, providing knowledge about sustainable product and material possibilities.
* Incorporate LEED and sustainable design philosophy into the company’s master specifications, and work with individual project teams to select materials and products that support this design philosophy.
* Stay current on green architectural materials and products, write strong specifications which meets the agreed specification within the agreed timescale and in line with the department.
* Provide monthly documentation regarding the department activities, liaising with the architects, engineers, design heads and other department heads for effective communication, development of requirements.
* Create detailed specifications in line with the project requirements in coordination with the department heads in a timely manner ensuring all key aspects are being addressed.
* Develop a flexible but robust service ensuring any deadlines are met with very high satisfaction levels. Key is to identify the most cost effective solutions and all measures adopted for effective project tracking.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.