Beaconhouse School System
Job description / Role
Main purpose of the Job:
• To support, observe and record the progress of students.
• Teaching the UK national curriculum, you’ll plan lessons in line with national objectives, with the aim of ensuring a healthy culture of learning.
• Teachers must keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, methods and national objectives. The role involves liaising and networking with other professionals, parents and carers.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities.
• To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
• Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of students’ progress and development.
• Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials.
• Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards.
• Prepare students for qualifications and external examinations when required.
• Manage students behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior.
• undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting students on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
• Communicate with parents and carers over students’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole-school training events.
• Participate in and organize extracurricular activities.