Beaconhouse School System
Job description / Role
• To support, observe and record the progress of students.
• Teaching the UK national curriculum, planning lessons in line with national objectives, with the aim of ensuring a healthy culture of learning.
• Prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities.
• To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
• Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of students’ progress and development.
• Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials.
• Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards.
• Prepare students for qualifications and external examinations when required.
• Manage students behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior.
• undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting students on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
• Communicate with parents and carers over students’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole-school training events.
• Participate in and organize extracurricular activities.