Senior Quantity Surveyor-Transferable Iqama
Located in North-West Saudi Arabia, and serving as a crossroads between East and West, AlUla has been built by successive societies and civilizations over millennia. The exhibition will take visitors on a journey through the natural and historic wonders of this region by immersing them in AlUla’s unique landscape and the ancient North Arabian Kingdoms of Dadan and Lihyan, and the Nabataean city of Hegra, Saudi Arabia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site. A region of outstanding natural and cultural significance in North-West Saudi Arabia. Royal Commission for AlUla (RCU) has embarked on a long-term plan to develop and deliver a sensitive, sustainable transformation of the region, reaffirming it as one of the country’s most important archaeological and cultural destinations and preparing it to welcome visitors from around the world.
We are currently looking for experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor- to join our team in All Ula for a site based role. Please note that the candidate should have a transferable Iqama .
- Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or related
- Minimum 12 + years Quantity Surveying working experience in the Middle East or KSA ideally
- Experience working on CostX is a must
- Knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Cost planning (concept design, schematic design & detailed design)
- Measurement / BOQ in POMI & CESMM
- Collation of Contract Documentation
- Understanding of FDIC Forms of Contracts
- KSA Industry Experience
- Infrastructure Roads Highway/ Civil, Residential
- Demonstrate good understanding of compiling unit rates for estimating
- Chartered or working towards MRICS
- Hotel and leisure project QS experience
- Behavioural Competencies
- Essential (Planning & time management, influencing skills, customer focus etc.)
- Task orientated
- Team player but able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to meet set deliverables
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to act on own initiative and proactive way
- The Quantity Surveyors will report to either a Commercial Manager or Associate Director
- Will be responsible for organising measurement tasks when preparing estimates / cost plans
- Draft estimates / cost plans for review and finalisation with senior management.
- Preparation of BOQ including drafting Preambles / General Requirements.
- Undertake market review / research for compiling and updating unit rates for estimating.
- Responsible for on-site and off-site quantity verifications and confirmation with regards to payments and variation works.
- Responsible for checking and verifications of all invoices of the said sub packages on site.
- Maintain a register of payments.
- Check the materials on and off site and verified delivery and acceptance from the client’s representative for payment approval.
- Prepare and maintain records of all sub-contractors agreement and payments.
- On site verification of Final Accounts submitted by the Contractors and selected Sub Contractors and Suppliers, adjusting as necessary and providing recommendations to the Client.
- Prepare and maintain cash flow forecasts for Subcontract works.
- Update Cost report.
- Carry out cost estimates for alternative design solutions.
- Prepare estimates of variation works.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Flight allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include – Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.