Senior Planning Engineer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Review and convey Engineer’s consent to the Contractors Baseline schedule of works in line with Contract conditions, and using Parsons Recommended Practices
- Validation of compatibility of project resources for timely completion of the project
- Develop Master Schedule integrating multiple packages considering their interdependencies to identify and reflect the impact of one schedule/project on others.
- Strong foreseeability to identify the potential risks/conflicts, and document them in the Project Risk Register
- Evaluate & verify the planning and scheduling information from the updated / progress schedules. Identify the potential areas of delay/slippage, highlight the critical events & suggest mitigation measures / corrective actions / robust recovery plan.
- Exercise What if analysis to assess the time impact of each change, variation, and potential event at an early stage and provide alternative courses of action & advice before issuing instructions to contractors
- Prepare regular progress reports / monthly reports with program analysis and recommendations, addressing program issues to ensure timely project completion, and preparing presentations regarding the work’s progress concerning interim and major milestones.
- Detailed assessment of the claims including Extension of Time, Disruption, etc using leading delay analysis methodologies including time impact analysis & window analysis with the strong skill to demonstrate the contractor’s concurrent delay.
- Discuss, coordinate, and resolve the planning and scheduling problems with the contractor and the Employer.
- Coordination with the Client to finalize the contractor’s programs, reports, and claims.
- Attending various meetings including kick-off, technical, service coordination, progress review, etc, providing valuable inputs, and preparing concise & precise minutes of meetings.
- Preparation of Trackers / Logs to monitor critical issues during the Design and Construction stages of the Project.
- Agree on the progress measurement system (PMS) and key indicators with the consultants/contractors during the project for monitoring purposes.
- Ability to communicate clearly to conduct presentations to management and interface effectively with a diverse group of professionals. Provide the reasoned & analytic response to the contractor notices and detailed particulars using programming data, sound construction practices, and contractual provisions.
- Proper record keeping of project contemporary records
- Issue delay notices for the contractor’s culpable delay and/or slow performance letters recording areas where the contractor’s performance is behind the schedule
- Be able to manage a team of one or more planning engineers, providing them with technical and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or construction management from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in planning and scheduling on Infrastructure projects mainly Bridges
- Successful applicants will have experience in working on infrastructure, utilities, and/or building projects coupled with an excellent overall understanding of the construction industry, along with interface and coordination requirements in the industry.
- Proficiency in scheduling software, particularly Primavera P6
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of industry best practices and regulations.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.