IBM Middle East
Job description / Role
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Payment Architect is responsible for
• Architecting and designing comprehensive Payment solutions that meet functional and non-functional (e.g. performance, security, and operational considerations) requirements in support of a given initiative.
• Plays a role in establishing architectural vision and direction, architects solutions, provides advice and guidance, monitors emerging technologies, and assists in software and service procurements.
• Works collaboratively with the business to understand the business/product roadmap to develop architectural vison and direction.
• Architecture Vision and Direction: Contributes to the technology strategy by identifying, assessing and recommending external trends in technology and methodologies. Assists with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology. Exercises solution design leadership on initiatives, driving alignment to target architecture and design standards. Facilitates architecture reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries
• Solution Architecture Development: Creates Payment solution options and Payment architecture, adhering to architectural standards and the technology roadmap, and minimizing technical debt. Designs solutions that involve complex, multi-system integration, possibly across BUs or domains. Ensures non-functional requirements are satisfied. Involved in every aspect of lifecycle (from requirements to deployment assisting in design and triage of defects)Drives alignment between architecture and business needs. Participates in application rationalization and the development of application architecture roadmaps. Identifies applications and platforms impacted by the solution, the need for new platforms, and drives platform selection. Contributes to backlog of development team. Facilitates large groups of diverse stakeholders to consensus on target solution
• Advice & Guidance: Initiates guidance and oversight, ensures the viability of proposed solutions, and provides direction on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project, and ensures appropriate and complete unit/system/load testing and code review. Communicates architectures, relevant technologies, practices, platforms, and products to delivery team and other stakeholders. Performs due diligence during potential mergers and acquisitions
• Relationship Management: Builds effective relationships between IT, business users, and internal/external service providers. Effectively communicates relevant information to stakeholders and teams
• Emerging Technology Monitoring: Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal application of technology to meet business needs. Conducts Proof of Concept for feasibility studies. Recommends improvements to processes and technology that improve the effectiveness of the team
• Strategic Sourcing: Oversees and facilitates the evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology, as well as the design of standard configurations for a particular project. Inspires technology policies, practices, and decisions which recognize the current and evolving needs of all the stakeholders. Validate that the delivery team operates according to the principles embedded in relevant standards
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.