IBM Middle East
Job description / Role
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
– As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems.
– You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms.
– You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
– The Global Business Services Cloud Center of Competency is a leader in Cloud solutions. We are seeking a OpenShift Architect to join our team.
– IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change.
– We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs
– As a part of this multi-cloud team, we are looking for architects with extensive experience of open-source and Red Hat OpenShift technology.
– Join us to learn new technologies and expand your core base of expertise while help integrating IBM and Open Source technologies through real world engagement.
– In this role you will lead cloud application implementation using Red Hat OpenShift.
– You will play a key role in our customers’ evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions both practical and workable for their businesses.
– You’ll work to gain an understanding of customer infrastructure and business needs, make recommendations that resolve their issues, and help them make strategic decisions.
– You’ll then build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and allow for continuous feature release of applications.
We are seeking a candidate who are able to design, architect and develop cloud applications. Lead teams of developers and own proof of concepts. Ability to work with a global team and flexibility will be essential. Knowledge of multiple platforms, cloud services, AI, Blockchain and Dev/SecOps is highly desired.
– Provide Subject Matter Expertise in cloud and hybrid-cloud computing with Red Hat OpenShift container platform; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers.
– Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise on how to effectively use PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service ) to build solutions; creatively applying cloud infrastructure and platform services to help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences cross industries.
– Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to them while evangelizing and accelerating the adoption of current and future OpenShift technologies.
– Design and implement Red Hat OpenShift solution architecture in discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals.
– Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, implementation, testing, customer training, and deployment of open source solutions.
– Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings.
– Explore and develop new technical skills, absorbing professional knowledge quickly. The primary teams that you will work with are IBM GBS Developers & Designers, GBS Application Architects, Customer Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts and infrastructure SMEs.
– Work with the development teams to design scalable, robust systems using cloud architecture.
– Build automation using industry tools (like Jenkins, Ansible, etc.) to deploy hundreds of different services.
– Ensure a high degree of availability across all of our service offerings.
– Be proficient in one or more cloud providers, including IBM Cloud, RedHat OpenShift, AWS, Azure, GCP.