Role and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Manager supports the successful delivery of programs and projects through the design, implementation, control and continuous improvement of project management processes, procedures and tools.
- He/she supports the successful delivery of programs and projects by providing project quality reviews, providing Subject Matter Expert recommendations and hands on delivery of selected improvement recommendations.
- Supports the improvement of other processes within the Business Operations area by acting as Subject Matter Expert.
PMO office capability design and development
- The Senior Manager is to ensure development and implementation of consistent as well as standardised project management processes. He/she helps in creating a common set of principles, practices, and templates for managing various IT projects consistently and efficiently to reduce project related risk and costs.
- Collect, consolidate and analyse program and project data to support effective decision making.
- Develop and deliver services and support project and program management capability across the functional area to reduce project related risk.
- Developing and managing project policies, procedures, templates, and other shared documentation and identifying and developing project management methodology, best practices, and standards.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
- The Senior Manager is responsible facilitating a process to collect project data required to produce information to be presented and reviewed by the management.
- Monitoring compliance with project management standards, policies, procedures, and templates by means of project audits.
Program and Project Support
- The Senior Manager shall support programs and projects by acting as an internal consultant and providing tailored recommendations to improve their delivery.
- Act as permanent, or ad hoc, governance member within programs and projects.
- Take ownership of implementing certain recommendations identified during the project audits or in governance meetings.
Subject Matter Expertise
- The Senior Manager will support the continuous improvement of other processes within the function by acting as an internal consultant and providing improvement recommendations.
- Support the implementation of new technologies and processes by providing Subject Matter Expert recommendations for the design of such technologies.
ExperienceMinimum of 10-15 years professional experience in IT and at least 5 years of consulting experience in a big 4 or equivalent consulting firm.In depth knowledge and application of PMI, Prince II or a related Project Management framework, particularly relating to scope, budget, resourcing, stakeholder engagement, risk, quality and controls.Seasoned professional with demonstrated experience in both establishing and managing a technology PMO function, with in a fast-paced complex organisation.Strong experience leading the customer delivery and governance of IT projects in large, complex organisation.Strong reporting experience to demonstrate technology PMO performance and value delivery.Proven ability to guide, govern and assure teams in the delivery of programs and projects.Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.Strong organisational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.Proficiency in process formulation and improvementExperience managing risk and compliance requirementsExcellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate project risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.Must be able to effectively liaise with internal direct reports and senior management as well as external customers, clients, partners and stakeholders.IT Management practices and protocols, including in-depth knowledge of international IT standards.A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen. Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.Ability to work independently and in a team environment with both the local and global compliance and Legal teams and the information security teams.QualificationsBachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT, computer science, Software engineering, Data PrivacyExperience with Internet of Things, Cloud data services (Azure, Google IoT)Industry certification in one or more of the following: PMI, Prince II or a related Project Management framework
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.