Al Futtaim Group
Senior Maintenance Assistant | Retail | IKEA
Overview of the role
Assist in maintaining the IKEA Store and to keep facilities in a safe operating condition, maintaining a preventative maintenance program and resolving immediate operational and/or safety concerns. Support the operations department ensuring that customers are provided with the highest possible service level (in line with IKEA standards) to achieve the pre-defined yearly sales targets. Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures.
What you will do
- Be aware of the condition of IKEA property and immediately initiate actions to correct unsafe conditions.
- Schedule and perform routine preventative maintenance on all appropriate equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of detailed specification for all premises work carried out by external contractors.
- Liaise on a daily basis with all external contractors working on the IKEA store.
- Help develop and implement the IKEA stores contractor management procedures and ensure all contractors undertaking work on the premises are adequately briefed.
- Monitor the observance of health & safety routines by the IKEA maintenance department and external contractors.
- Diagnose and perform routine maintenance and repair involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical & Plumbing
- FAHU, HVAC, AHU, UPS, FCU, VFD systems
- Appliances, tavelators, escalators & elevators
- Stairs, railings
- Tiles, carpets & vinyl flooring
- Roofing & gutters
- Interior/exterior lights
- Gas fixtures & appliances
- Shutter doors, windows, glass sliding doors, doors & locks
- Fire alarm systems
- BMS systems
- Gain knowledge of inventory levels of spare parts & consumables and replenish when necessary.
- Review and monitor daily and monthly KPIs and analyse reports on various measurable factors against benchmarked figures (i.e. manpower productivity, etc). Working with the team to create meaningful actions to achieve agreed goals.
- Controlling costs through working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way using good examples and solutions, and encouraging the team and colleagues to discover more effective ways of working.
People Management and Development
- Staff training and development. Ascertain that all of the maintenance team are competently trained on all preventative and reactive maintenance issues within the store.
- Scheduling for the maintenance department. Create and submit a schedule for the maintenance department based on the coverage needed for peak and non peak sales day. Plan annual leave for the department based on the commercial calendar.
Required skills to be successfulStrategic Planning SkillsAnalytical SkillsExcel competence. Effective Communication What equips you for the role3 years in a similar roleExperience and skills in FM systems including Fire life Safety system
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.