First Abu Dhabi Bank
The role assists the Head of Legal – Global Corporate Finance manage legal risk in all the geographies where FAB operates in relation to its ECM, Corporate Advisory and Securities Services business in accordance with FAB Group legal policies and procedures. The role holder should be able to work autonomously, but should seek the Head of Legal – Global Corporate Finance’s input on unusual situations, complex matters, and issues which may pose significant legal, financial and/or reputational risk to FAB Group
- Provides legal advice and support to the business while keeping in mind FAB’s strategic and business objectives.
- Provides direction and guidance to facilitate FAB’s compliance with all applicable international and domestic laws, rules and regulations.
- Collaborates with the Head of Legal – Global Corporate Finance to establish, disseminate and implement the FAB’s Group legal policies.
- Completes legal tasks and projects in a timely manner and responds to legal queries assigned to him/her by the Head of Legal – Global Corporate Finance.
- Supports FAB subsidiaries and international branches by providing general legal oversight on legal risks associated with FAB Global Corporate Finance products and services.
- Supervises and is responsible for the adequate management of litigation or disputes pertaining to Global Corporate Finance between the business and its customers in the UAE and abroad
- Represents FAB before the Notary Public, court experts, courts, and the police to resolve matters in the best interest of FAB.
- Reports relevant litigation matters to the Group General Counsel and Head of Legal – Global Corporate Finance and provides updates to the relevant stakeholders.
Legal Documentation and Review
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates contracts and other legal documents in order to maximise the FAB Group’s legal protections whilst simultaneously minimising risks.
- Produces and regularly updates standardised legal agreements, contracts and standard terms and conditions for FAB in compliance with international best practices and applicable legal requirements.
- Assists the business in launching new products and conducts legal and regulatory due diligence on such products, including identifying risks and mitigants in all applicable geographies.
Knowledge of External Environment
- Stays abreast of new laws and regulations through continuous legal education, attending professional conferences, and participating in professional associations.
- Provides updates to the FAB Group senior business persons on new legislation and regulatory developments that may have an impact on the FAB Group and advises FAB on how to comply with such new legislation and regulations.
- Works closely and develops a positive professional relationship with the other members of the legal function and shares legal knowledge and best practices with legal colleagues, including providing formal and informal training sessions at the direction of the Group General Counsel and Head of Legal – Global Corporate Finance.
- Liaises with the concerned external authorities such as courts and law firms to ensure effective resolution of all legal matters affecting FAB.
Learning and Development
- Functions as a subject matter expert and provides input on learning and development initiatives including training content to ensure value addition and relevance.
MIS and Reports
- Ensures that all reports related to own area are prepared in a timely and accurately manner, and meet the FAB Group’s requirements, policies, and standards.
People Management Responsibilities
- Defines goals and key performance indicators for own reports and ensures effective implementation of the FAB performance management process.
- Develops talent within the team by providing guidance and coaching to achieve the defined goals.
- Reviews, comments and negotiates deal documentation for the full range of ECM equity financing structures including initial public offerings, rights issues, secondary offerings, equity bridge financing, private placements etc.
- Supporting the Securities Services Business with their issuer services offerings such as IPO & rights issue receiving bank services, AGM administration services and fund administration services.
- Reviews, comments and negotiates deal documentation for the full range of Corporate advisory/M&A documentation.
- Exposure to debt capital markets, general corporate lending (bilateral & syndicated loans) is a key advantage.
- Assist the Head of Legal – Global Corporate Finance and work with external counsel and the business in relation to Global Corporate Finance transactions.
- Assist the business with rolling out new products and services.
FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES, & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Functions within the framework and boundaries of Group policies as well as overall organisational and governance frameworks.
- Authorised to take decisions as per the approved authorisation matrix.
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- Master’s degree in law is preferred
- Qualified in the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia or European jurisdiction
- Minimum of 7/8 years experience in a reputed bank or law firm, with at least 2 years in a similar role
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.