A highly successful Investment Brokerage based in Abu Dhabi .
The company is currently undergoing a multi-year transformation to become a fast growing, purpose-led, data-driven enterprise that delivers market-leading personalized content, propositions and experiences to traders.
To reinforce client-centricity the company structure, technology and operations are being redesigned alongside the crafting of a high-performance culture
- Manage moderate-to-complex Java development projects and programmes of work against tight timelines to delivery. Work with peers to prioritize initiatives and ensure alignment with project timelines and deliverables
- Work with business analysts, project managers, product specialists and BAU IT staff to understand problems and recommended solutions
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and deliver high-availability and performance. Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Define and analyse problem statements and create a logical flow to development of code incorporating business requirements and associated timelines
- Maintain application code produced in house or by third parties under an agile and sprint-based methodology following CI/CD devops practices
- Work with the team to recommend and implement best DevOps practices and ways of working
- Provide support and guidance to peers towards improving the quality of code delivered for maintenance and new functionality and stability of platforms
- Work with QA teams (in house and third party) to help contribute towards test case scripts and test releases for all projects coordinated by the QA resources
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Develop, implement and maintain development documentation and release notes
- 8 to 10 years supporting Java and DevOps development activities at a financial services or brokerage firm
- Understanding of Agile development frameworks and DevOps processes and environments
- Experience with JIRA, Bamboo and Confluence systems, Test driven development, Windows development, Linux development
- Experience with DevOps experience and DevOps automation tools (Jenkins, Cucumber, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- CRM systems experience (e.g. Salesforce) is a plus
- Knowledge of FIX protocol, Dockers/Containers
- Knowledge and experience of microservices, lambda development, aws cognito a plus
With over 20 years of experience, we have come to understand that innovation is the only way to provide agile, practical solutions that transform businesses and careers.
Our tech-talent and smart services help you to realise tomorrow’s potential. Discover the amazing things possible when you bring the right people and the right technologies together.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.