Parsons - United Arab Emirates
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist the Estimating Manager in all matters relating to the financial and contractual aspects of the project during the full design stages for the project.
- Prepare BOQ’s and Preamble for all types of Method of Measurement. Also experience is all types of contract and preparation – remeasure, LS, EPC.
- Prepare BOQ as per authority standards and laisse with designer for all inputs
- Liaise with the team to ensure prompt submittal and completeness of BOQ and Estimates are accurate and ensure quality standard are maintained.
- Assist in the review, negotiation and preparation of claim settlements with the or client and the Engineer.
- Partake in the auditing (from Drawings and Manual Take Off sheets) and check and record measurements of completed work from QS/Estimators and provide corrective actions to the team.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of entitlement of Contractors claims for review and issuance.
- Participate in the preparation of all stages estimates with all supporting documentation.
- Advise the QS/Estimator’s on measurement procedures and calculation of interim and final quantities.
- Evaluate the unit rates for new work items and present to the estimating manager for review with supporting documents.
- Assist in the preparation of variation engineering proposals & reports.
- Advice on contractual matters related to financial issues.
- Ensure completeness and validity of all contractual requirements.
- Participate in all commercial/Estimation presentation and meetings with Client.
- Maintain and streamline all cost and quantity records
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying or Civil Engineering.20+ years demonstrable experience in estimation/quantity surveying and contract administration on major infrastructure projects in the UAE and focused on Abu Dhabi ProjectsMust have a sound experience in document management and as well as contractual relationships.Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.Candidates available in the UAE will be given preference.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.