Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of Enterprise Enterprise Document Management solutions based on the Micrsoft SharePoint and Kofax platforms as well as on a variety of in-house developed .NET-based applications. The incumbent is also responsible for documenting, analyzing, coding, testing, and maintaining software programs and applications as per the specifications and plans, using the .Net development tool.
– Analyze business processes and design IT systems to meet the requirements of the CBD Business Functions
– Develop new applications as per systems analysis and design documents and plan using the .Net development framework.
– Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents and perform coding.
– Involve quality assurance function in a timely manner to review and test the new programs as well as changes to existing programs.
– Write or contribute to instructions or user manuals to guide end users.
– Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
– Compile and document program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
– Conduct trial runs/ testing of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
– Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using approved system development life cycle standards.
– Maintain libraries of software codes with appropriate version controls.
– Carefully analyze possible software and application code changes to ensure congruence with the Bank’s long term planning and approved strategy.
– Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
– Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
– Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
– Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
– Document functional and non-functional (security, availability, performance) software specifications in alignment to the corporate guidelines and principles
– Undertake software development activities and ensure timely and accurate delivery of the specifications
– Undertake unit and system integration testing in order to meet software quality objectives
– Undertake application support and maintenance activities
– Prepare projects and applications reports adhering to the Bank’s policies, procedures, and guidelines in order to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
– Prepare technical manuals for users and operators of the applications
– Train key users to the applications functionality, including the identification, troubleshooting and reporting of issues
– Prepare Application System Recovery Plans