Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
The Incumbent should be able to evaluate, design, execute, measure, monitors and control business processes. Should ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with the Bank’s strategic goals. Should work collaboratively across all departments of the organization to help improve the management of a business process. Should be able to focus on the entire process from beginning to end, introducing innovation into the process that can impact results, enhance profitability and assist the Bank to meet its business objectives and goals.
– Analyze business processes and design IT systems to meet the requirements of the CBD Business Functions
– With prior experience in developing, maintaining and customizing UI (new screen), business rules, workflow and reports using OpenText Process Suite
– Develop new applications as per systems analysis and design documents and plan using the OpenText Process Suite framework.
– Contribute to technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, and deploy phases
– Interpret and implement technical design specification leveraging best practices on the OpenText platform
– Create graphical representations of ideal business processes, including process forms and role requirements
– Properly leverage the system architecture of the OpenText Process Platform in production and development environments
– Develop complete OpenText Process Platform BPM applications
– Integrate OpenText BPM with external database and web services
– Utilize troubleshooting procedures in the design process
– Provide technical support or leadership in the development and continual improvement of service.
– Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
– Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
– Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents and perform coding.
– Involve quality assurance function in a timely manner to review and test the new programs as well as changes to existing programs.
– Write or contribute to instructions or user manuals to guide end users.
– Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
– Compile and document program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
– Conduct trial runs/ testing of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
– Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using approved system development life cycle standards.
– Maintain libraries of software codes with appropriate version controls.
– Carefully analyze possible software and application code changes to ensure congruence with the Bank’s long term planning and approved strategy.
– Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
– Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
– Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
– Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
– Document functional and non-functional (security, availability, performance) software specifications in alignment to the corporate guidelines and principles
– Undertake software development activities and ensure timely and accurate delivery of the specifications
– Undertake unit and system integration testing in order to meet software quality objectives
– Undertake application support and maintenance activities
– Prepare projects and applications reports adhering to the Bank’s policies, procedures, and guidelines in order to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
– Prepare technical manuals for users and operators of the applications
– Train key users to the applications functionality, including the identification, troubleshooting and reporting of issues
– Prepare Application System Recovery Plans