Project: This is an opportunity to work on a large hospitality project in one of the emirates of the UAE.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and ensuring design management is consistent across projects, or phases.
- Ensuring design management function is aligned with other PMC functional targets.
- Ensuring that reporting and progress reporting are aligned with PMC reporting requirements.
- Monitoring, reviewing, and reporting on consultant’s and/or contractor design progress.
- Ensuring designs are developed in compliance with project briefs.
- Ensuring consultants are fulfilling contractual obligations for scope and deliverables.
- Ensuring design consultants are working to ensure projects are on time, and on budget.
- Ensuring BIM management is integral to programme and ongoing.
- Ensuring scope change is monitored and managed in accordance with change protocols.
- Ensuring client and 3rd party reviews are scheduled and aligned with programme.
- Ensuring client and statutory Approvals are built into programme.
- Ensuring detailed and/or peer reviews are scheduled if required.
- Ensuring value engineering workshops are scheduled and participate.
- Leading constructability reviews are scheduled and participated.
- Leading the preparation of consultant scopes and project briefs.
- Supporting procurement in preparation of RFP/ITT packages.
- Advising on consultant selection and appointment.
- Evaluation of consultant variations and claims in connection with design.
- Review consultant and/or contractor design submissions and progress reports.
- Oversight and participation in key design and technical review workshops.
- Challenging and supporting the design teams to ensure design solutions are optimized.
- Utilizing company resources efficiently to accomplish assigned work.
- Identifying and managing design-associated risks, mitigation strategies, and/or escalation.
You have 10 to 15 years of experience, a relevant degree in construction management, engineering or architecture, chartered/registered member of a relevant institution (e.g. RIBA/CIOB), experience in high-end tower construction, relevant sector-specific knowledge, including industry standards and terms of reference, knowledge of RIBA, or other international Plans of Work, and alignment with WBS, the experience of BIM and BIMM requirements over project lifecycle and WBS, ability to interrogate programmes and critical path, experience in preparation of Project Briefs, Scopes of Service and RFP/ITT issue, knowledge of industry standards for measurement BUA, GFA, NIA, GIFA etc.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.