Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/None
Senior Design Lead – MEP
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Ready to put your skills to work on Technical or Engineering projects Are you great with people and have willingness to work hard to get the job done Parsons is seeking a candidate with a desire to enhance the fabric of our community.
Responsible and accountable for the effective and efficient management of implementation of MEP engineering services for the allocated projects within the program activity.
- Plan, strategize, organize, coordinate, develop and implement assigned projects and the processes, procedures, plans, phasing and sequencing required for executing these projects within the overall Program.
- Manage consultants, contractors and construction managers (CMAs) to ensure that assigned work remains on schedule, is within budget and meets expectations.
- Coordinate design phase activities/deliverables with the Client, architects, engineers, sub-consultants, stakeholders, agencies, tenants, airlines, etc. relative to facilities design and systems.
- Conduct design, pre-construction and construction phase weekly progress and various other coordination meetings, preparing agenda, coordinating presentation materials and preparing meeting minutes.
- Closely liaise with Engineering Support and Design Managers of interfacing projects during deliverable reviews to ensure that quality, completeness, permitting requirements and end-user expectations are met for design deliverables.
- Continuously monitor the consultants, contractors and CMAs deliverables against project requirements through reviews and inspections identify areas not meeting requirements, and review corrective action plans for resolving issues and performing QA audits to assure quality compliance.
- Assist procurement process for consultants, contractors, suppliers and CMAs to ensure timely issuance of multiple tender packages and ultimately contracts.
- Coordinate constructability reviews, value engineering exercises and submittal reviews by consultants.
- Coordinate, and make recommendations on variation requests and claims arising from design activities of assigned projects.
- Plan, manage, lead, control, MEP related design activities.
- Ensure management of the MEP design process in accordance with company policy, procedures and the Design Management Plan and guidlines.
- Develop the MEP Project design brief (concept) and maintain by regular review.
- Review the MEP design including all inputs, coordination and deliverables to achieve the time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Ensure that the design intent and design performance criteria are maintained through the design development and construction process
- Report immediately any event which will significantly change previous forecasts and/or senior management expectations of the next forecasts
- Lead problem solving and resolution of design issues
- Identify issues causing risk or delay to the project.
- Designing of MEP for Passenger Terminal Building, Air traffic control towers, Technical buildings, control rooms, equipment rooms, Substations, both airside and landside facilities etc.
- Preliminary & detailed design of MEP for airport projects.
- Planning, Execution Coordination for MEP works.
- DBR, BOQ, GFC preparation/review for MEP works.
- Co-ordination with Consultants, designers & contractors.
- Review of MEP works at site.
- Design / Coordination / Interfacing MEP (HVAC, Fire, Plumbing, Electrical, ELV, Lighting, Drainage, etc.) / Airport Systems (BHS, PBB, PCA, GPU, Scanners, AGL etc.),
- Design / review of MEP design calculations and system layouts.
- Value Engineering.
- May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering related matters.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position during the design/construction life cycle of the facilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and 15 years of work experience related to mechanical/MEP works.
- Knowledge of National & International codes and standards e.g. GCAA, ICAO, ASHRAE, ISHRAE, NFPA, NBC, IS, EN, BS, UL, SMACNA & DW 144.
- Sound knowledge of utility demand calculations, transmission, distribution, and individual plot connections along with the local requirements from planning and permitting (Transco, ADDC, AADC, ADSSC, DMT/ADM, so on) preferable for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.