Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Turner & Townsend is currently recruiting for a London based Senior Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor to join our Health team working on major fit out and development projects for Health projects in both public and private sector organisations.
With a market leading client base and the opportunity to take the lead on immediate Leeds based commissions, this is an exciting time to join the business unit and grow a career with Turner & Townsend.
This role is client facing, working within a professional and ambitious team, where you will receive excellent support.
Senior Cost Managers lead commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project. Our Senior Cost Managers work on projects ranging from £1m to over £300m.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To perform the role of the Senior Cost Manager, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery.
- To ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost management service from pre contract to handover.
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the healthcare sector (public and private) is essential, and particularly in acute hospitals through the full project lifecycle (Strategic Outline Case to Final Accounts and Defects Periods)
- Experience of healthcare master planning/strategic estate development and capital cost planning for business case compilation
- Experience in P21+/P22 cost advisor roles is essential covering new build and refurbishment, minor works and major projects and during pre-construction and construction stages
- Experience of taking an effective lead on Two-Stage Tender agreements with strong negotiation and organisational skills
- Detailed experience of working with JCT and NEC contracts, with JCT contract administration experience desirable
- Demonstrable experience in NHS client-facing roles at all levels (including Directors of Estates/Strategy and Planning/Capital Development to Trust stakeholders and service commissioners)
- The candidate will be required to demonstrate knowledge of the risks, challenges and opportunities facing public-sector healthcare bodies
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager.
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client.
- Inputting into value engineering.
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts.
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities.
- Ideally Degree qualified in one of the following fields: construction, cost management or Quantity surveying.
- Ideally MRICS
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.