Senior Property Risk Consultant
Marsh Advisory is an internationally operating consulting organization that meets the growing need of clients to apply risk management within their organizations (profit and non-profit). Within this division of Marsh, the Property Risk Consulting Practice provides advice in the areas of fire and safety risk identification, risk assessment (qualitative and quantitative), and fire risk management.
The Consultants within the Practice come from the insurance industry, fire department organizations and consulting firms and have experience in safety, process safety, security and continuity plans.
Within the Property Risk Consulting Practice, Consultants are active in the area of collecting risk information from companies by means of surveys, independent consultancy projects aimed at improving these risks, drawing up Documents of Principles (UPD) and providing training and education.
What can you expect
- You will be working as part of a wider team with clients across all sectors of Marsh NL within the Property Risk Consulting Team
- Visiting clients around the Netherlands and overseas which will involve overnight business trips
- Critical to supporting the growth of the Operational Risk Consulting team and will be working in a client facing role being involved in new business, retention and expanding the services we deliver to clients to provide solutions to property risk challenges while optimising the placement of insurance through a connected service proposition
- Within the first months you will need to gain a broad understanding of the services and strategy of the business to support you in your interactions with clients and prospects but also gain a solid understanding of your colleagues individual expertise.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years experience in a Property Risk / Consulting role and have working knowledge of the insurance industry.
What is in it for you
- Good work life balance with a competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits programs including: excellent pension contributions, private health insurance, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
- 30 days holiday per year
We will rely on you to:
- The role is key in expanding the value of service Marsh provides to clients and through a collaborative service model, delivers an end to end proposition to enable clients to meet there aspirational goals in risk management while mitigating exposure to loss.
- Clients and prospects are seeking a more risk led approach to managing risk whereby they reduce their reliance on insurance and mitigate loss internally to reduce cost to their business.
- Support and develop client’s Risk Control programmes
- Act as liaison between client and insurance companies
- Undertake site surveys and produce reports on site risks and control measures. Produce prioritised recommendations for risk improvement.
- Review, validate and prioritise insurance company and third party recommendations. Provide advice on risk control issues.
- Work with key business leaders in delivering value added services to clients
- Develop stewardship reports in line with client and market needs
What you need to have:
- Property risk experience and confidence/knowledge of (inter)national codes and practices.
- You will need to be a great team player and work well both on your own and as part of a delivery team.
- Driving license to visit client sites
- Proactive attitude and a strong work ethic
What makes you stand out:
- A working understanding of property risk engineering, including global account engineering experience
- Account reengineering experience and be able to produce detailed stewardship reports for this area, which can influence decisions in insurance placement.
- Degree (or equivalent) and risk management qualifications or relevant accreditations
is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: , , , and . Follow Marsh on Twitter and , or subscribe to .
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.