We are a global architecture, engineering, planning and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn and heal.
With over 2,700 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
- Full Time
- We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we’re located in city centre studios in Birmingham and Glasgow
IBI Group is a recognised leader in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), having acted as consultant, designer and systems developer on projects for local and national transport organisations across the UK, Ireland and overseas. In recent years, we have developed a similar expertise in the smart and future cities sector having successfully completed such projects around the world. In both areas, our professionals bring expertise across the broad spectrum from policy development and concept design, through software and systems development to operations and maintenance.
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, who is highly organised and has a track record of project delivery within the transport sector. You will be engaged on projects for clients such as Highways England and Transport Scotland as well as other national, regional and city authorities across the UK.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that will enable you to help define the cities of the future in the UK and beyond? Are you looking for career where progression is based on performance and ability and which rewards entrepreneurial thinking and flair?
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities may include some or all of:
- Contributing to IBI’s growing portfolio of projects within the transport and smart / future cities sectors
- Contributing to the preparation of project deliverables which may involve research, strategy development, data analysis, design, implementation and evaluation
- Engaging with clients and stakeholders
- Supporting business development activities as necessary
- Travel to IBI Group offices in the UK will be required
Qualifications and skills:
- A good first degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Relevant technical knowledge and industry experience, preferably in transport operations, transport technology systems, the use of data in transport and/or smart cities is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences is essential
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team including directly managing and supporting others
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, planning and organisational skills
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group’s selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role they are under consideration for and prior to receiving a job offer. These could include work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefits package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.