VAMED Middle East
Job description / Role
We are looking for a Senior Civils Technician who will carry out all works as instructed in accordance with instructions, PPM and supporting procedures in a safe and efficient manner, to maintain a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, staff and visitors to our Hospital’s core business.
The Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Preparing and interpreting architectural drawings, engineering design, blueprints and specifications regarding foundation, drainage, sewerage, construction, structures, roadways, paving and load bearing requirements.
• Have understanding and knowledge of soil composition, terrain, hydrology and geo-technics.
• Ability to complete projects consisting of new construction, extension, renovation and repairs of buildings, infrastructure, roads, roofing and fabric design to handover and occupation.
• Proficiency in CAD, auto-CAD, design, site development, planning, estimations, pricing & budgets
• Able to project manage and oversee contractors and sub-contractors engaged for civil works
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of local UAE planning and approval requirements and compliance with federal, emirate, building legislation.
• Development and implementation of site and safety implementation of projects.
• Advisory in regards to structural appraisal and recommendation, fittings and finishes, including floor, walls, ceilings and roofing.
• PPM and corrective maintenance procedures and policy in regards to all civil and estate management.
• Preparation and delivery of training and guidance to operators, contractors and Users.
• Attend and actively partake in safety committee, procurement committee, annual budget committee
• Responsible for grounds, gardens, landscaping and maintenance of the estate flora, fauna and ecology, including water or art / culture features.
• Conversant with and having a good understanding of the different materials and maintenance proce-dures required in construction and finishings, e.g floor, walls, ceilings, external fabric and façade.