Senior Civil Inspector (Temporary)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Senior Civil Inspector to join our team!
This is a temporary position, hence only candidates on dependent’s visa can be considered.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Conducts tests to determine if work has been done in accordance with contract specifications and may include any of the following: Performs civil and structural tests, such as soil compaction, moisture content, aggregation, graduation, concrete slump, air entrainment, concrete compression, lines and grades surveys, bolt torques, and concrete coring.
- Performs destructive and nondestructive tests on metals and other materials through magnaflex, dyepenetrant, radiographic, tension and compression, paint thickness, and resistivity.
- Performs surveillance of underground piping to ensure tightness, bedding, and grade.
- Inspects and monitors piling installation to ensure location and bearing.
- Validates piping systems, including P&ID checks and hydraulic or other pressure tests.
- Inspects electrical installations to ensure proper grounding, circuit integrity, and adherence to statutory and customer regulations.
- Performs continuing inspection of painting and insulation to ensure thickness and coverage continuity.
- Provides general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
- Verifies equipment alignment and balancing operations. Participates in the development of quality control reports and procedures
- Participates in the development of job safety practices and in the preparation of safety reports.
- May administer welder qualification tests.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or construction related field, is required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in construction supervision of infrastructure projects.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to area of assignment
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.