- Maintains the standards of performance as detailed in the Departmental Operations Manual to ensure the efficient operation of the department in accordance with the Policy.
- Ensures that guest needs and expectations are met by providing a consistently high standard of food preparation and presentation.
- Assists in establishing the identity of the outlet by providing the standards of food presentation required by each outlet following recipe standards.
- Is aware of the method of preparation and the standard recipe for every menu items in his particular kitchen and follows the procedures at all times.
- Maintains all work areas, kitchen equipment and utensils to the high standards of cleanliness and hygiene required by the hotel in conjunction with Hygiene Officer.
- Co-ordinates with colleagues whenever necessary regarding operational problems.
- Is familiar with the operational procedures of all equipment in the kitchen and operates them in the correct manner to ensure the maximum efficiency and personal safety.
- To assist in the implementation of the various food safety and hygiene standards including HACCP and other Municipality regulations.
- To work closely with Hygiene Officer in implementing all hygiene and safety procedures.
- Participates in regular meetings and briefings as may be scheduled.
- Understands and abides by all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations.
- Participates in any scheduled training and development program that may improve personal or departmental standards
- Responds to any changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different outlets of the Kitchen Department.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine.
- Represent his/her kitchen in absence of the Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef in Charge.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.