Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: SENIOR BUYER
- Analyse and evaluate all purchasing requisitions to ensure clarity and completeness in description of material and equipment.
- Review quotations of identified technical and commercial specifications received from the vendors and suppliers.
- Participate in identification of vendors by researching product availability. Create vendors list. Obtain the procurement plan, client approved vendor list and required manpower for the process at the start of the project.
- Prepare project specific Terms & Conditions of Purchase, in consultation with the commercial department.
- Issue request for quotations to vendors to procure goods or services in compliance with the procurement procedures. Solicit bids from vendors; coordinate with the discipline engineers to clarify pre-bid queries from bidders.
- Evaluate the commercial bids and conclude all terms & conditions with the vendors. Arrange response from vendors for the technical queries. Arrange bid clarifications meetings.
- Update and issue Inquiry Status Log, Bid Clarifications Request Log.
- Prepare bid tabs and perform pricing analysis, recommend contract awards that result in best value procurement. Prepare bid tabs. Conduct commercial negotiation and conclude on techno commercial requirements. Make purchasing decisions based on specific strategy, need and business policy.
- Issue Purchase Orders incorporating the agreed ore-order terms & conditions. Obtain PO acknowledgements. Resolve all post-order commercial issues with vendors, mediate disputes resolutions for back orders.
- Provide periodic feedback to the vendors on their performance in formal bid openings. Communicate what went wrong with an unsuccessful bidder and encourage for future bidding.
- Manage the day-to-day interaction with vendors and monitor vendor performance after completion of the project with reference to quality, schedule, deliverables, service and performance. Communicate qualitative feedback to the vendors.
- Ensure that a clean Purchase Order is secured from successful vendor, prior to take over by expediting.
- Maintain cognizance on new trends and proactively stay apprised on new products. Maintain record of price trends for major material components.
- Prepare periodic reports and maintain productivity measurement by including cycle time, quotations etc.
- Implement Health and Safety Procedures.
- Perform any related duties and responsibilities as and when required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors’ Degree (preferably in Engineering or Business Management), with a minimum of 6-7 years of experience in Procurement (Project procurement in an EPC/ Oil & Gas environment).
- Additional knowledge / qualifications in Materials Management, International Trade and shipping / logistics.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.