Job description / Role
The successful candidate will be able to perform vendor on-boarding and sourcing activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have experience with a leading Hypermarkets/Co-Ops / FMCG company in UAE with established vendor contacts.
Your responsibilities be focused around executing vendor on-boarding and sourcing strategies. Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to maximize profits and improve effectiveness. All this while crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms.
• Develop, lead and execute platform vendor-on-boarding and sourcing strategies
• Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
• Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
• Building a comprehensive data base, prices as per required company budget.
• Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
• Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
• Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
• Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
• Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
• Determines the buying requirements and formulates buying plan and budget for the assigned brand/category, based on the analysis of the historical trends and future forecasts
• Creates buying plans to ensure profitability by maintaining and building consumer focused brand/category lines and managing SKU performance and efficiency
• Tracks and evaluates brand/category sales performance, market sales trends and competitor trading activities to identify critical business factors and proposed action plans to increase sales and profitability
• Helps meet the profit targets
• Ensures identification of buying opportunities to source products and to ensure that business unit maintains its competitive edge by constant renegotiation
• Ensures maintenance of principal/supplier contacts; product demonstrations, procurement of product samples and literature
• Keeps abreast of the latest trends in buying to fine-tune and ensure realignment of existing processes
• Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensures effective implementation of the GMV’s performance management process
• Develops talent within the team by providing guidance, mentoring and coaching to achieve the defined goals