Job description / Role
This role blends the technical skills of a Financial Accountant or Business Analyst, with the interpersonal skills of a Finance Business Partner and the entrepreneurial nature of a Managing Director.
To do this job, you must be able to demonstrate how you’ve taken your financial skills and transformed those in to tangible, applicable, information, which you use to guide colleagues to make better decisions and drive the business forward.
My client, who operate in the manufacturing industry, are a young but rapidly expanding business, which was founded as a joint venture between two major global leaders in their field. Their exposure to major global organisations means that although the business itself is relatively small at this stage, you will be exposed to extremely senior stakeholders from very well-known organisations, both in the Middle East & Europe.
This role will require strong relationship building and influencing skills, as you will be called upon to successfully deliver in the role, while managing multiple stakeholders in different countries and environments.
The key responsibilities of this role will be to;
* Support the Business Planning & Reporting Manager, as well as other members of the Finance department and various internal customers, in various regular report generation and by providing insights for management or shareholders
* Support in business plan creation and be a key focal point for identifying opportunities and cost anomalies in business plan challenges
* Own and manage the corporate economic model for planning, forecasting and scenario analysis. Additionally, assess and own economic and financial benefit / risks to proposed future strategy, capex or financing proposals
* Utilise analytics tools and develop models that will support data-driven decision-making.
* Become a super-user to develop and promote use throughout business
* Form strong partnership with Technical Director in identifying & evaluating operational opportunities in OpCo’s.
* Act as the finance lead on various technical initiatives to reduce costs and set stretch targets for next 3 years
* Provide economic perspective / challenge on capex and investment proposals to investment committee
* Identify and drive process improvements, including the automation of standard reports, development of tools and dashboards which save time, enhance ownership of performance in the business and presents new insights on value increase with them
* Provide timely and accurate ad-hoc reporting and analysis support to management.
* As a senior financial expert, coach and develop expertise amongst group FP&A staff.
* Maintain good relations and communication lines with local accountants
* Perform and / or supervise special projects as assigned.
* Identify and analyse further opportunities for performance improvement across the business, both financial and operational
My client is seeking an exceptional candidate, so the vast majority of applicants are unlikely to meet the criteria, but for those who do, they can offer a highly competitive remuneration, in addition to a family benefits package including medical, flights, visa and bonus.