BAC Middle East
Job description / Role
Qualified Accountant, Abu Dhabi based
Skills and Qualifications
• Qualified from Professional Accounting bodies (ACCA, CPA, CMA, CIMA) or equivalent
• Experience of working with an ERP accounting system. (Oracle is a plus)
• Sales and purchase ledger input experience.
• Excellent in MS-Office (specifically Excel)
• Proven experience in manufacturing and engineering finance departments.
• Strong book-keeping experience with a keen understanding of cost accounting
• Experience of working in a commercial setting
• Sufficient knowledge of US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Good organisational skills and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
• Capable of working to strict reporting deadlines.
• Able to work as part of a team, but also being highly self motivated
• Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Procedures and Compliance
o Ensuring adherence to US GAAP & SOX compliance.
o Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations updated and maintained.
o Reviewing and posting of Assistant Accountant Journals.
o Assisting with monthly Intercompany AR & AP & Accrual confirmations.
o Ensuring all jobs are recognised in line with corporate accounting policies
o Ensuring all revenue for the month is fully reconciled in a timely manner (as per the finance closing
schedule) with all related costs linked to each job and presented as part of month end close to the
o Ensuring all Work in Process for the month is fully reconciled in a timely manner (as per the finance
o Calculating Cost Accruals for internal costs not received and Accruals for where Total Job costs are
above Purchase Orders.
o Calculating Accurate Selling Values of individual Field Jobs, based on the correct Contractual Rates
and raising the appropriate Invoice based on the Terms of the Purchase Order.
o Ensuring accurate Internal Project Invoicing based upon the correct Transfer Price.
o Ensuring that the correct VAT & relevant Withholding Tax amounts are booked accordingly.
o Ensuring Financial Bookings are accurate and complete and adhere to the Control Manual.
Communication with global BUs
o Liaising with other Entities to ensure correct intercompany revenues, costs and accruals are booked
o Communicating with Sales Engineers, where Purchase Order Values need uplifting.
o Active communication with Field Services Operations & Management.
o Supporting the rest of the UK Finance Ledgers & Controls Team and covering roles where necessary.