Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
The Global Key Account Director is a critical function within Wood Mackenzie and is responsible for the strategic relationship management of the Investment Banking and Professions Services firms as well as driving new business in a defined territory.
Based in London, you will have responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships with the Investment banks and their international arms that operate from London. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining close relationships with their accounts, increasing penetration at the senior level and managing complex relationships across a number of different businesses and products.
We are looking for a self-starter, who will build on our existing relationships driving partnerships, identifying natural resources expertise within the Investment Banking sector. You will be confident performing in a high-profile position with high levels of exposure both inside and outside the organization and will thrive on the sales process – from prospecting through to signed agreement – right down to the challenges of winning new and cross-sell business and establishing new relationships within their territory base.
The successful candidate also needs to be highly results-driven and demonstrate strong commercial acumen with excellent new business development skills, as well as the rigorous application of process and procedure; including active use of the Salesforce CRM system. The successful candidate must also demonstrate a strong orientation towards value-based selling.
Key objectives include:
- Develop, coordinate and implement an actionable retention and new business sales strategy designed to grow Wood Mackenzie’s current EMEARC Investment banking and Professional Services business.
- Deliver new business sales from Wood Mackenzie’s range of research and consulting offerings to achieve and exceed annual sales targets
- Develop prospect networks and drive relationships with key contacts to develop commercial relationships that lead to a deep understanding of clients’ existing needs and future requirements
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the current market and industry trends, emerging technologies and competitors in this sector
- This is a senior role thus networking and leadership development are key elements
- Effective client engagement and understanding of critical client business issues and how the Wood Mackenzie suite of offerings address those business issues
- Strong understanding of the clients’ workflow, internal structure and developments in the research payment and regulatory landscape to facilitate research opportunities
- Partnering with the dedicated research team to ensure you maximize the commercial benefit to Wood Mackenzie
- Making effective use of CRM system (Salesforce), ensuring there is a high-level of timely communication and engagement both internally and externally to maximize research and consulting sales opportunities
- Collaboration with other teams within Wood Mackenzie, such as consulting, research and sales & marketing, to facilitate successful outcomes
- A significant track record of success in a senior sales or business development job
- Prior experience owning a company’s relationship with large key clients.
- Experience or detailed knowledge of the investment banking or financial services sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to bring in new clients, not just a record of ‘farming’ existing clients.
- The gravitas to create and drive successful relationships with board level stakeholders at client organisations
- The ability to meet or exceed commercial targets
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual’s contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organizational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving a balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie’s success.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.