As a Traine Buyer you will deliver the sales and margin targets area’s given responsibility for on your category. Working alongside the Category Manager to develop a rolling 12-month Trading Plan, and taking measures to react to market opportunities and impacts.
- You will deliver the sales and margin targets area’s given responsibility for on your category.
- Being aware of commercial planning schedules and ensure all deadlines are planned for and met. This will include, for example, completing nomination templates, and supporting with proofing and re-pricing activity.
- Part of the role is working alongside the Category Manager to develop a rolling 12-month Trading Plan, and take measures to react to market opportunities and impacts.
- You will work with the Kingfisher Group to develop and innovate our range proposition and manage local supplier relationships to negotiate support / cost prices with these local vendors.
- Will need be involved in financial budgeting and forecasting activities and continuously monitoring the market and consumer trends, acting on insight to ensure Screwfix always deliver for our Trade customers.
- Reviewing competitor activity, in terms of product offering, pricing and promotional / in store activity with the category manager to carry out range reviews and promotional activities.
- You will identify and propose range, price, and promotional opportunities based on consumer understanding and financial viability. That deliver our customer promises of Convenience, Value, and Product Leadership.
- Working closely with the Category Manager to create and deliver a Category Plan.
- Strategic sales management, understands seasonality, price perception
- Clear understanding of how to develop and deliver commercial concepts
- Accurate and numerate, with attention to detail to be able to challenge and spot errors
- Customer focused
- Analytical; able to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data
- Strong commercial awareness, with a creative eye for product and trends
- Clear understanding of financial reporting
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and skilled with Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of all sales channels
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous commercial experience in a retail environment
- Experience working within a face-paced, deadline driven environment
- Previous work experience within a Buying Head Office
- Retail Trading experience, either as a buyer or similar
- Systems orientated with an experience of SAP and other data centres an advantage
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aylesbury, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A