This role is focused on pushing and growing the retail design system for Scotiabank. The right person for this role will be skilled in visual design, interested in the world around them, and will fit within a collaborative work environment that encourages ideas and contributions from all team members. The Graphic Designer must have the ability to take in a wide range of briefs, think strategically, work within design guidelines, and understand constantly be focus on the end user of their designs.
- You rely on your innate set of user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across multiple print and digital mediums.
- You excel at translating creative briefs and insights into beautiful communication pieces and campaigns
- You can design within a brand guideline, while still pushing it into new areas and keeping it fresh
- You are a highly practiced visual designer who has a passion for simplicity, clean and modern designs
- You can handle a wide range of projects with short and long timelines
- You are a relationship builder and are comfortable incorporating ideas and inspiration from multiple sources
- You are open, persuasive, engaging and love to have a good laugh
- You can present your own work to all stakeholders involved in the project
- You are constantly looking for new sources of inspiration and are committed to incorporating new ideas while maintaining brand consistency
- You have first-hand experience working with print-production and are skilled at prepping files for print
Qualification & Experience:
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage your own time efficiently, without direct input or oversight
- A demonstrable portfolio of work which showcases your stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and which balances beauty and clear communication design skills
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design or the visual arts
- Ability to innovate within existing brand guidelines to build branded and creative assets for presentations, print materials and digital signage as required
- Ability to balance great design with short and sometimes uncomfortable deadlines.
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- High level of proficiency in Adobe CC (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Post-secondary education in Design, Communications, the Fine Arts or a related field.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A