Beaconhouse School System
Job description / Role
Responsible to manage all non- education related activities within school business operations.
Providing strategic guidance to the Principal and Senior Leadership on business and operational matters and to be accountable for its effectiveness.
Supporting the Principal in achieving key strategic objectives for the School through formulating and leading on specific aspects of the School improvement plan; devising and delivering a business strategy for the School including the development of policies, systems, processes and safeguarding; monitoring the performance of external contracts to ensure high standards of service and value for money are maintained throughout the School; managing relevant budgets and expenditure, reducing operational costs while ensuring the School receives value for money at all times.
Ensuring that the School is compliant with the Health & Safety as well as other regulations set by the relevant Ministries and Region Office.
Developing a system to ensure safety, security and cleanliness of the School building and grounds, ensuring that the facilities are available for school use at all times.
• Responsible for development, maintenance, safety, security and cleaning of the school premises, ensuring that the site and facilities are available for the school use and other users all the time.
• The organization and delivery of administration and support services across the school ensuring efficient and effective staff deployment, directing and developing the performance and working hours of the support staff to ensure high standards of service are maintained throughout the School.
• Recruitment of well trained and high quality support staff.
• Ensure that all external contractors are well managed and supported, while conforming to all relevant compliance issues, on site management of all Service Level Agreements including but not limited to school clinic, catering, cleaning ensuring on going monitoring of contracts.
• Oversee procurement and the sourcing of staff accommodation.
• Responsible for site level procurement of supplies, materials, and equipment.
• Inventory management including but not limited to school stores, books, resources, school furniture and school accommodation furniture.
• Managing the Security Guards and Cleaners day to day work.
• Managing the outsource companies ‘team included but not limited to (Cleaners, Securities, Life Guards, Canteen Staff and Clinic Staff)
• Maintain manual attendance for the Support Staff.
• Responsible for the purchasing orders included but not limited to (Furniture, Books, stationary, learning resources and Meetings & Events required resources and essential requirements.
• Organizing Internal and External events and their budget.
• Managing OPEX and CAPEX budget for the school.
• Maintain daily visitors’ management system for the school.
• Attending to governmental authorities’ inspection from DM, DHA and other concerned authorities which communicate with the education sectors.
• Maintain and renew vendors’ contracts.
• Responsible to monitor different license expiry dates and to renew the required license for the school clinic (including doctor and nurse‘s license), DHA, DM and other food authorities.
• Liaising with DM on any requirements concerning pest control and disinfecting for the school premises.
• Conducting Fire Evacuation drills.
• Managing the school trips records.
• Managing DTC-RTA school buses, contract and renewal.