Job description / Role
Job Title: Satellite Superintendent
Business/Department: Production – Offshore
Reporting To: Offshore Installation Manager
Responsible for the safe and efficient production and operation of process equipment, and intervention visits on the outlying field assets Normally Unmanned Installations (NUI’s). All of which have production separation systems and some are also equipped with additional equipment such as gas generators and gas compressors.
The incumbent must ensure the Health, Safety & Welfare of all employees and contractors working under their control and ensure continued integrity and efficiency of plant equipment. They must ensure all work is carried out in conformance with the integrated plan and in accordance with the safety standards and relevant standard operating procedures.
Number of Direct Staff: 6
Number of Indirect Staff (if applicable): 9
Key Result Areas (Key Accountabilities)
1. Support and satisfy the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of Health, Safety and Environmental Management System.
2. In conjunction with Well Intervention and Integrity group, directs the rectification of well problems by authorising and controlling planned and corrective work programmes including the routine wireline intervention program, gauging, safety valve checks, acid cleaning, water wash, static / flow / bottom-hole surveys, identifying multi point injection details and setting new gas injection valves where appropriate. Directs all field maintenance and repair activities on well heads and associated facilities.
3. Coordinates activities with Well Operations Team: preparing platforms for rig arrivals, completion, well handover and rig departure.
4. Ensures quality of work through adherence to standards and procedures and sound technical work practices.
5. Assist in the planning for the Well Operations group ensuring that activities are aligned with business needs; prioritising and coordinating activities, updating regular production programmes and specific well programmes, including requirements for well management intervention works and drilling programme.
6. Ensure the adequacy of spares / stock levels and consumables for all activities and work scope.
7. Provides daily/weekly maintenance progress update or technical reports as required by management.
8. Lead and assist the planning function to minimise plant downtime, optimise available resources and ensure appropriate effort is applied to addressing the completion of critical and overdue activities to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) compliance and asset and operating integrity assurance (A&OI) activities.
9. Carries out worksite audits of maintenance and other teams to ensure quality and safety.
10. Participates in, and actively promotes Company Horizon Zero and STAR safety programmes.
11. Ability to lead/ provide instruction to incident investigation teams and act as “super-user” within CMO.
12. Manage, coach, teach and mentor supervisors, identifying Competency (by use of the Competency Development Assurance programme), training requirements and personnel development opportunities.
13. Contribute to personnel selection and performance appraisal. Conduct regular assessments with the operators and technicians to continually maintain and improve the individual and overall team development to ensure an efficient and effective workforce.
14. Is a member of the Offshore Incident Management Team as required.
Communication and Important Working Relationships
Offshore Leadership Team, Well Intervention and Integrity Lead, Planning and Operations Teams, Maintenance Crafts and Production Personnel. Human Resources, Facilities and Reservoir Engineering.