The Physical Security – Applications Programmer will ensure that each project is in full compliance with SAP global physical security standards, policies and procedures. This shall include all city, country or regional governance that may also apply to the system programming, configuration and/or integration as it relates to life safety, general data protection regulations and accessibility/disability requirements.
The Physical Security – Applications Programmer will provide close coordination with the Global Head – Physical Security Applications and Technology, regional applications manager, operational regional head, sub-regional heads and security system coordinators as needed on all projects to ensure a full understanding of each projects design, programming, license management, final test and inspection, warranty/preventative maintenance schedules and spare parts management.
- Program the main user interface (single pane of glass) for all systems to provide effective and efficient situational awareness for all system activity. (i.e. alarms, events, response instructions, contact information, etc.)
- Participate in working groups to identify, examine, negotiate, and resolve physical security mandates, concerns, and issues. Serve as liaison to GPS management, provide reports, champion internal goals and manage system reports, metrics and key point indicators (KPI’s)
- Provide expert level programming as it relates to all application configuration, integration and reporting. Projects include new construction and renovation (driven by Global Real Estate & Facilities), or system replacements and/or additions.
- Assist in providing training on all physical security system applications. Including but not limited to the professional services training provided by integration partners, training documentation for all physical security applications, and training management within the region from year to year. All training shall be roles based, specific to the system training needs of all operators, administrators and super-users.
- Assess and modify system programming for all physical security systems to address system issues. Training courses on all current software applications will be provided.
- Pro-actively identify physical and program security requirements, problems, and sound solutions; imparting expertise of physical security systems, concepts, and infrastructure into the specified facility lifecycle.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10 years’ experience in physical security programming, configuration and integration of enterprise class access control and video management system platforms.
- Retain manufacturer training certifications in:
- Genetec – Omnicast/Security Center
- Foreign language skills particularly those of the Area of Responsibility (desirable), comprehensive English language written and spoken a must.
- Cure 9000
- Software House C
- 15 years’ experience in physical security industry or equivalent (military, law enforcement, etc.) or 10 years’ minimum experience in corporate physical security
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year) in associated field plus professional industry certifications in the physical security field.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, GB
Application Deadline: N/A