Job description / Role
What you will do
The Sales Director is a key role, reporting directly to the General Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa. You will drive the growth and results of business across all South Africa in the direct channel in Controls, Security, Chillers, Airside, Service and Parts, and indirect channel in Variable Refrigerant Flow and Refrigeration and Air Conditioning/Precision Air Conditioning.
Your primary focus will be profitably growing margins, increasing our market share in Africa and deploying the right go-to-market approach for each line of business, leading all sales employees across South Africa. This position will take a lead on enhancing sales capability in partnership with the others on the regional leadership team.
As a member of this team, you will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform for you to use your leadership experience coupled with your industry knowledge of a contracting and distribution business operating in South Africa.
How you will do it
• As a Sales Director, you will achieve regional bookings and revenue growth plans, regularly monitor results and address issues and concerns that impede positive results, utilize daily performance metrics continually to ensure “what gets measured, gets done”, consistently utilize approved CRM systems to manage the sales process and sales funnel, ensure sales channel(s) strategic initiatives are executed in accordance with corporate goals and area budgets.
• You will also implement Johnson Controls Security defined strategy, and serve as the primary contact for Sales to provide input and feedback related to Corporate Sales and Marketing, ensure consistency of field sales activities, advocate operating efficiencies and dynamics for a successful sales program within assigned areas, research and share “Best Practices” with the Sales Management Team, champion and lead domain cross-selling effort
• As the Sales Director, you will be expected to communicate new policies, sales techniques and other modifications to sales management team, to oversee sales team to ensure consistency in implementation as new products and services are introduced and ensure all financial and operational performance targets are met.
• You’ll demonstrate your expertise by differentiating Johnson Controls, leveraging your deep market knowledge of our competitor’s strategies, products and services.
• You are a hunter driven to seek and develop long term customer relationships, self-motivated enjoying the challenge of working independently to drive your territory growth.
• You’re naturally perseverance, tenacious and consistent in your approach to work, managing multiple priorities simultaneously because of your excellent planning, organization and time management skills.