Sainsburys Careers – Senior Product Manager – Customer &
As Senior Product Manager, you’ll focus on understanding, anticipating and exceeding customer product needs, creating opportunities to add broad appeal to customers and championing their long-term vision to support our business strategy.
Always considering the market context, you’ll clearly articulate the business benefit of potential and current products, while tracking both effort and value delivery, to identify opportunities for cost reduction and quality improvement.
You’ll utilise a variety of techniques to develop your understanding of the tech landscape and customer expectations of technology, using product metrics to prioritise their specific product roadmap effectively and seeking out data and insights to allow you to make informed decisions.
- You’ll support the strategy and develop specific roadmaps and backlogs for products, building in complete end to end customer experiences that deliver on agreed product metrics (OKRs)
- You’ll own the customer and business value for specific products, including securing support through the appropriate process and relevant technology teams
- Accountable for end-to-end delivery in product management for specific products, ensuring activity is prioritised in line with the agreed product goals and metrics
- You’ll maintain a realistic 90-day roadmap, as well as a prioritised, estimated FY backlog and regularly communicating progress, proactively managing risks/issues to remove blockers
- Lead the collaboration within both the core family team, other product teams and 3rd parties to launch new product features, maximising re-use across the business
- Evaluation of potential partner relationships; helping to identify necessary and/or desirable third-party technology to evaluate and select vendors
- You’ll support the communication and resolution of live product incidents and effectively prioritise, coordinate and communicate the resolution of production issues
- Possess knowledge and understanding of a retail business and the technology landscape, and how to maximise the value that products can and will add
- Clear understanding of Agile delivery and modern engineering team practices
- Knowledge of technical product development principles and methodologies
- Judgement to make sometimes difficult and complex decisions at pace, including comfortable dealing with ambiguous situations and help drive toward clarity
- Drive to seek value and help motivate and support technology teams
- An ability to creatively problem solve and enthusiasm for delivering change through people and technology
- A high level of team contribution, seek opportunities to provide input and support across the team and outside core areas of focus, role model effective collaboration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A