Sainburys Jobs – Senior Architect – Colleague &
As a Senior Architect you’ll plan and define a technical roadmap for your capability areas. You’ll work closely with multiple engineering teams to shape and design new products and services that fit into an overall architecture for their area. You’ll also shape and contribute to cloud-native designs being considered for future pieces of often complex work – re-evaluating views based on new information, iterating existing components or designing new components from the ground up.
You’ll work in agile, empowered teams that contain all of the skills and support needed to put fantastic products in the hands of our customers and colleagues at pace. And in a culture that encourages teams to innovate, collaborate, learn and take ownership.
- Create cloud-native designs for future pieces of often complex work – iterating existing components or designing new components from the ground up. Work in tandem with Product Managers and Engineers to explore and experiment with different solution options.
- Work alongside a Senior Engineering Manager to develop and communicate an overall technical architecture, roadmap, and strategy for their area of responsibility.
- Influence how teams within your area of responsibility design and build components that help deliver your roadmap, encouraging teams to work on the components that add most value.
- Contribute to and drive the adoption of our overall technology principles across your area of responsibility.
- Work with the broader architecture community of practice sharing your personal learning and expertise; sharing your design ideas to promote re-use and drive new innovation across teams beyond your area of responsibility.
- May be responsible for the line management of a small number of Architects.
- Working knowledge of latest developments in Architecture Frameworks to simplify, modernise and transform our business.
- Experienced in evolving architectures and emergent design – the development of target and transition states that modernize and simplify the technology landscape for your area.
- Good understanding of modern engineering practices and cloud-native design techniques.
- Experience of working as part of one or more engineering teams to create conceptual, logical and physical solution designs that operate within agreed guide rails.
- Experience of working with Product teams to develop architectural roadmaps and blueprints for your area of responsibility.
- Being flexible and having the ability to take a holistic view whilst also considering multiple viewpoints to come up with creative solutions.
- Being self-driven and constantly striving to improve self and team
- Strong influencing and communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A