We are looking to hire a Safety Manager for our client which isa reputed paints and coatings and chemicals manufacturing company which has factories located in Jebel Ali, Technopark and Umm al Quwain having operations across GCC, Italy and Canada and this role is to be based in Dubai managing the different factory locations and looking after they safety requirements of the facilities and the employees.
The ideal person will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities :
- Advising the Factory Manager as to measures to be taken in the interest of the safety and health of persons employed in the factory and with the approval of the factory implementing such measures.
- Inspecting the factory or directing any person employed as a safety supervisor therein to inspect the factory for the purpose of determining whether or not there is a machinery, plant, equipment, appliances, or process or any description of work carried on in the factory which is of such a nature as to be liable to cause risk of bodily injury to any person employed in an factory.
- Reporting the findings of any inspection carried out to the Factory Manager and recommending what measures, if any, ought to be taken as a result of that inspection.
- Assisting in the supervision of any person employed as a safety supervisor in the factory.
- Advising the Factory Manager in the interest of the safety and health for persons employed in the factory undertaking of any repairs or maintenance that ought to be carried out.
- Investigating and reporting to the Factory Manager, or causing to be investigated and reported to the Factory Manager, the circumstances of any accident, or dangerous occurrence in the factory and making recommendations to the Factory Manager to prevent similar accidents.
- Providing leadership in developing routine and safety measures in every facility.
- Investigating and reporting to the Factory Manager, or causing to be investigated and reported to the Factory Manager, the circumstances of the suffering of any bodily injury by any person employed in the factory and making recommendations to the Factory Manager to prevent similar suffering of any bodily injury.
- Investigating and reporting to the Factory Manager every fatal accident in the factory and making recommendations to the Factory Manager to prevent similar fatal accidents.
- Receiving, discussing and countersigning every report submitted to him.
- Continuous inspection and checking of safety measure if being followed by the staff and reporting action taken against those staff non-compliant.
- Making weekly report for the Managements information for procedures not being applied.
- To make sure that there’s enough stock for Medical Kit and emergency supplies.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.