The Royal Mail Technology team is passionate about delivering high-quality products and outstanding digital experiences to our customers. Cutting edge technology is fundamental and key in helping us achieve our objective to be recognised as the best delivery company in both the UK and across Europe.
Our award-winning Technology team is at the heart of delivering a transformational journey at Royal Mail. The traditional letters business is declining, but our recent performance and the growth in parcels demonstrates that there is an opportunity for Royal Mail that we can capture, but we need to move quickly. By joining Royal Mail you will be helping to implement meaningful change, pushing forward with our transformation to become a more agile and even more customer focused business, while delivering more innovation, products and services for our customers. You will be working for a brand that’s a household name and a critical part of the UK’s infrastructure.
- The Senior Service Manager represents Royal Mail in the delivery of all existing and new IT Services that supports Royal Mails business.
- The role is accountable for ensuring that Royal Mails IT Services are delivered as specified in the formal agreements between the Business, the Technology Organisation and the Suppliers.
- Lead Service Level Management and ensure all Royal Mails IT Services remain operational, and meet and exceed the stated service level.
- Establish excellent working relationships at executive level with supplier and business stakeholders. Co-ordinate the involvement of all parties in the resolution of long-running or complex incidents and problems.
- Accountable for the Major Incident Management Process. Lead the investigation, diagnosis and coordination of resolution and recovery actions for all Major Incident.
- Drive and deliver the production of root cause analysis and remediation actions for all Major Incidents.
- Perform the out of hour’s duty manager role on a rota basis, and co-ordinate Service Providers to resolve Major Incident.
- Ensure effective and business relevant Service Reporting is in place that provides insight and allows effective, informed management decision making and awareness.
- Establish appropriate Service Level Agreements between the Business and Service Delivery. Review Service Level Agreements with both customers and suppliers.
- Manage a team of Service Managers to assist in the day to day running of the IT Services Portfolio.
- Demonstrable experience as a Service Delivery Manager.
- Prior experience of leading/managing a team.
- ITIL (SIAM) Certified and experience of working in an ITIL compliant environment.
- Experience managing multi suppliers within a Service Delivery function.
- Senior stakeholder management.
- Understanding of IT and IT Service delivery, obtained in a large-scale support organisation.
- Understanding of COBIT IT control
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Mansfield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A