Responsible for the management and supervision of all areas assigned by the Store Manager and follows policies in regard to Customers, Associates and merchandising. Responsible for learning all phases of Store operations.
Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
Assists in the analysis of Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, training and developing non-exempt Associates.
- Ensures compliance of Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists in the management of and continuous monitoring of actual expenditures to be within budget.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains and models a professional appearance, in accordance with the Company Dress Code. Reinforces the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping with help of contracted maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.
- Assists with training Associates on Loss Prevention awareness and Store shortage goals.
Qualification & Experience:
- Two or more years of Store or Assistant Store Manager experience in a retail environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to supervise, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize those tasks, give direction and follow through to completion.
- Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment.
- Maintain high quality of Customer service.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Sales, Business Development
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A