Ross Stores, Inc.
Responsible for the management and supervision of all areas assigned by the Store Manager and follows policies in regard to Customers, Associates and merchandising. Responsible for learning all phases of Store operations. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leading the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met
- Assists with training Associates on Loss Prevention awareness and Store shortage goals.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.
- Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Ensures merchandise is presented and organized according to Company merchandising guidelines.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains and models a professional appearance, in accordance with the Company Dress Code. Reinforces the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment.
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, training and developing non-exempt Associates.
- Ensures compliance of Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Assists in the analysis of Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Communicates any variances to Company standards to the Store Manager.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to supervise, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Two or more years of Store or Assistant Store Manager experience in a retail environment.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize those tasks, give direction and follow through to completion.
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills
- Maintain high quality of Customer service.
Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A