Job description / Role
Resident Engineer – Mechanical (Al Mirfa, UAE)
If you are a Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience in Infrastructure water lines and Pumping stations, then this is your chance to avail of a challenging opportunity of working with our Infrastructure team in the UAE. Apply NOW!
Who are we:
From climate change to rapid urbanization, our world is a more complex place. Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundings – from shopping centers in Shanghai to new rail systems in Doha and reducing air pollution in Los Angeles. Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project, and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
• Comply with all Arcadis policies, procedures inclusive of health and safety plans and site supervision manual
• Actively contribute to the health, safety, and welfare of self and others through identification and reporting of potential health and safety hazards in the workplace
• Maintain knowledge of current standards and regulations
• Support Senior Engineers in the review of Contractor submittals (shop drawings, as-built drawings, materials, method statements), production of project technical & progress reports and preparing responses to technical queries / RFI’s
• Attend on-site/off-site witness testing of materials, equipment’s and systems
• Support Senior Engineers with project closeout procedures
• Inspect the quality of work against approved shop drawings and approved materials in accordance with approved method statements
• Raise site observations and nonconformance reports where works are faulty or non-compliant with the contract
• Maintain progress records for tracking progress v/s programme
• Manage and mentor direct reports (if any)