Job description / Role
You are the beginning of an exceptional guest experience. As a Reservations Agent, you will make our guests feel welcome and reflect the exceptional experience the come when they arrive!
About the Hotel
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a luxury five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence and opens directly onto Dubai’s most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. Luxury stays and culinary excellence are the hotel’s cornerstones. All 444 rooms and suites overlook the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can indulge in exquisite international flavours at the Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge our all day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
– Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
– Learning programs through our Academies
– Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
– Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
– Be very well versed with handling the Opera system and be totally familiar with all aspects of the reservation systems.
– Identify guest reservation needs by asking open-ended questions to obtain all necessary information
– Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, room availability, restricted dates, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants, special events).
– Post advance deposits and keep accurate records of deposits.
– Process rooming lists and group blocks and indicate special requests and billing procedures and be familiar with changes in the rates and group enquiries.
– File and process reservations correspondence, make certain all files are current and in order.
– Have knowledge of Front desk, Sales and Accounts departments and how they relate to the Reservations department.
– To be aware of inventory management and keep a constant check on the room types available throughout the day
– To have an understanding of departmental goals and projections for average rate and occupancy
– Accommodate and document special requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
– Determine the most appropriate room type to meet guest requirements and maximize room rate.
– Use sales techniques when assisting guests in making reservations, including personalizing calls, obtaining complete guest needs, suggesting alternate dates or directing guests to sister properties on sold out days.
– Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers and assign confirmation/cancellation numbers and clearly relay this information to callers, giving them the option of emailing and/or faxing these numbers.
– Follow “up selling” techniques and sales strategies in order to maximize property revenue.
– Identify repeat guests using appropriate codes.
– Be familiar with the operational procedures of all equipment in the kitchen and operate them in the correct manner to ensure the maximum efficiency and personal safety.
– Participate in regular meetings and briefings as scheduled.
– Understand and abide by all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations.
– Participate in any scheduled training and development programs that may improve personal or departmental standards.
– Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag.
– Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
– Carry out other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.