United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
Job description / Role
• The National Water Center (NWC) is a multidisciplinary research and consultancy center based at UAE University in Al Ain. Its scope of research encompasses assessment, development, management and sustainability of groundwater, surface water, desalinated water, and treated wastewater both quantitatively and qualitatively.
• The Center provides high-impact research and innovative practical solutions to water-related challenges across the United Arab Emirates and beyond.
• The NWC addresses the country’s growing water needs, strengthens the knowledge base and informs water decisions at local and national levels.
• It contributes to the development of water policies and scientifically based solutions through conducting basic and applied research, consultation services, capacity building projects, and collaboration across the country’s water science and management institutions.
• The international team of the NWC provides expertise in water resources and environmental management and facilitates the dissemination of knowledge between the research community, water authorities and organizations, and policy and decision makers.