Job description / Role
• Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
• Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments as per the local regulatory standards.
• Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements maintaining equipment inventories evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
• Provide quality health and personal care services to patients in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
• Identify, and manage as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing chronic diseases. Provide health promotion to these patients to improve long-term quality care (E.g. dietary advice, smoking cessation).
• Work in partnership with patients to support appropriate decision-making.
• Liaise and support other members of the multi-disciplinary team and other agencies relating to patient care, maintaining good communication channels.
• Assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate programmes to promote health and well-being.
• Be aware of safe guarding policies, both local and national, and implement such policies should it become necessary.
• Recognise and refer patients presenting with holistic health needs, including mental illness.
• Assess clinical conditions, prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately, including initiation of effective emergency care.
• Manage own patient caseload including the interpretation of test results and the ability to act upon these.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.