- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Organization Behavior, Business Management or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of HR experience in a fast-paced environment working in HR, Talent Management, Learning & Development, and/or Project Management roles.
- 2+ years of experience in the areas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and/or learning and development with increasing levels of responsibility and scope.
At Amazon, we work hard to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a dynamic, organized, self-starter to join our Human Resources department to serve as the single threaded leader for MENA Operations Talent Management and DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) in our MENA (Middle East & North Africa) Operations.
The ideal candidate plays the role of strategist who masterfully uses data to tell a compelling story, connect dots, and integrate into a practical talent strategy. The candidate must be skilled at anticipating problems, creating contingency plans, managing multiple priorities, problem solving and organizing logistics. The candidate should also be detailed oriented with the demonstrated ability to execute talent programs and initiatives in partnership with HR and business stakeholders. The candidate should possess functional knowledge of core HR areas preferably with experience in Talent Management, Organization Development, or as an HR Business Partner. The candidate should be self-driven and possess the ability to work in an ambiguous and global environment with minimal guidance or supervision.
The candidate must also have experience building effective multi-year DEI strategies, including full lifecycle plans in the areas of recruitment, talent management, learning, and engagement. You should understand how these strategies connect with and influence one another.
Key Talent Management Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Talent Management plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives. Ensure talent readiness by creating mechanisms such as: Organizational Design, Succession Planning and other business needs.
- Partner with business leaders and HR leaders to define and establish a long-term talent strategy that may include: identifying critical jobs, determining talent gaps, assessing internal as well as external availability, and developing long term plans to bridge the gaps.
- Lead and run need-based Talent Management projects with clients across teams and globally: driving and conducting needs analysis, creating and executing against talent plans/roadmaps, and reporting and audit of existing programs. Look at cross-business themes and integrate into the over-arching talent management strategy for the business.
- Create processes that enable identifying and surfacing top talent to business and HR leaders in deploying the right employee, to the right job at the right time.
- Identify appropriate metrics to measure effectiveness of talent management initiatives and track on overall organizational health
- Partner with the HR community, including specialty functions (Talent Acquisition and Talent Learning & Development) and teams, to design and implement programs with a global impact. Recognize and adapt global best practices as appropriate.
- Create process improvement mechanisms including automation on some of the existing processes/ tools to ensure standardization and consistency as we scale.
Key DEI Responsibilities
- Acts as a DEI subject matter expert by contributing perspective, insights, and knowledge, and taking a balanced consultative and systematic approach to enable the organization to achieve measurable results
- Provide leadership coaching, when appropriate, to managers and Senior Operators/Directors via one-to-one and group interactions.
- Influence and partner with cross functional working teams, including both HR and business team members, to launch on-time, effective programs.
- Define key performance indicators by developing metrics for DEI programs and processes, aligned with business and DEI organizational objectives.
- Drive DEI goal attainment through program management and defined project plans; manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
- Scale services and tools by designing mechanisms that scale with the business’ growth in volume, complexity, and geographic dispersion.
- Proactively identify risks/issues, providing solutions, resolving risks/issues, and overcoming hurdles to drive results.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and willingness to be vocally self-critical
- Proven experience in implementing solutions within a fast-paced global environment
- Strong analytical skills and experience using and presenting data to make decisions
- Program management skills – including managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track and excellent time management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence peers and leaders
- Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgment and common sense
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Creative problem-solver
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information