Job description / Role
Head of Legal for the Middle East, with a small team reporting into this person. Workload being a wide mix of corporate/commercial and generalist inhouse responsibilities
This is a group of companies with a presence across Middle East, Europe, Africa, USA and Latin America. Their operations are predominantly in the FS and insurance sectors, though in recent years have also burgeoned into the Fintech industry. They are well established in the Middle East and have been largely unaffected by the Covid-19 pandemic, because of the diversification of business they have in this region.
* High value, cross-border Corporate M&A (SPA, shareholders agreements, capital increase, etc)
* Establishment of new entities In various countries – with help of external counsel
* Commercial contracts, drafting and reviewing – NDAs, service agreements, partnership agreements, etc
* Handle all regulatory compliance matters
* Day to day in-house responsibilities – employment, litigation, etc
This candidate can expect to be part of a very stable and flourishing business, and enjoy an excellent quality of work. Senior roles are few and far between and this one will offer plenty of autonomy and sway within the business. The candidate will also enjoy a competitive remuneration package.