Job Number 21070531
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
- To have total knowledge on recreation department and in all administrative, operational and technical areas. Take care of all Recreation aspects when manager is absent.
- Maintaining cleaning and servicing operation to pool, health club, spa and service areas as allocated. To make sure that all areas are well maintained as per the Marriott standards.
- To maintain costs within the Department.
- To obtained the highest possible and balanced Brand Standard audit certification and departmental productivity.
- Responsible for recreation inventory and associate payroll.
- Purchase requisition of department and follow up on LPO delivery with suppliers. Check book update.
- Handling spa receptionist at spa counter, pool counter and spa kiosk.
- Maintenance issues reporting to engineering department.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – 5
- Titles of Direct Reports – Lifeguards and Fitness Instructors
- Minimum 4 years of experience as Fitness Instructor
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to get on well with people from many different backgrounds
- Able to work under pressure at times
- Ability to be versatile
- Able to do shift work
- Well presented
- Clear speech
- Must be able to do hard physical work
- Good general health
- Self-motivated – able to work on their own
Education or Certification:
- Min. 25 years of age
- Computer literate (high)
- Supervisor training course/ skills/certified instructor
- Training & Appraisal Skills
- P&L understanding.
- To have worked in hotels before as supervisor
- Group/PT Training Skills
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
- To ensure that you are always courteous and friendly to guests, attentive to their needs, handle problems in a professional manner and are conscious of the importance of safety.
- Keep club in good maintenance.
- Enforcing all club rules and ensuring a safe environment for all guest using the club facilities.
- To be aware of Pool & Gym Health and safety regulations
- Work in reception predominately.
- To make sure that the associates clean the whole club to hotel standards.
- To make sure that the whole club is maintained
- To make sure that the pool, Gym and pool deck is maintained
- To report all engineering faults and to follow up on them.
- To ensure that all check list are completed and monitored
- Assisting with periodic cleaning and special cleaning
- To Train and develop your team, carry out
- Hold Team Meetings
- Dealing with Guest queries
- To be able to check the whole club and ensure standards
- To be able to train all new team members
- To have an understanding of costs
- Understand and activate club activities.
- Work closely with supplier of our consignment products.
- Deputizing for the Spa & recreation manager
- Supervision of associates within the department
- Dealing with Guests queries
- To carry out appraisals and 1.1
- Handle and complete all new staff inductions and orientation
- Ensure that all PR’s are done monthly as per budgeted figures and follow up in all purchases.
- To carry out brand Standards checks
- Any other relevant task
Safety and Security:
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures:
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others:
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement:
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.