As a Receptionist, you will be a key member of our facilities management team. You will be the face of the office for all visitors. It is a fast-paced role for an individual like yourself with great communication and organization skills.
You will be responsible for meeting and greeting both external and internal visitors to the office in addition to handling all incoming calls with courtesy and professionalism in accordance with the Reception and Switchboard Guidelines Manual. As part of your role, you will also handle all meeting room bookings and reservations efficiently and promptly.
Your key responsibilities
Attend to visitors in a professional manner and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face. Supply information regarding the organization to clients and customers.
Skills and attributes for success
- Appropriate business attire and professional image/appearance; well groomed, neatly done hair and make-up
- Meet and greet visitors and clients in a pleasant, professional and courteous manner
- Convey visitor arrival promptly to the appropriate individual and meet or escort the visitor to the meeting room, extending offer to refreshments, tea/coffee etc.
- Ensure reception area and meeting rooms are clean and in order throughout the day and ready for the next meeting
- Provide visitor badges to guests/clients, when required
- Answer all incoming internal/external calls promptly and in a professional and courteous manner
- Screen calls to ascertain caller name and call purpose before redirecting them, especially for calls with unclear purpose (sales, market/staff intelligence gathering, etc.)
- Ensure callers are connected/redirected to the right person promptly, or accurately take a verbal message and relay it to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- Connect international business calls on behalf of staff requiring this service in the office
- Manage and confirm meeting room bookings/reservations requests via calendar invites
- Reconfirm all bookings/reservations on a daily basis
- Ensure booking cancellations are actioned and updated promptly, allowing rooms to be available for other bookings
- Manage meeting arrangements and logistics, event preparations, plan catering needs and requirements, etc.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer service orientation
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- A bachelor’s degree
What we look for
We are most interested in people with confidence and strong experience in multitasking. You will need a proactive approach to work and the curiosity to seek out new challenges without being pushed. If you are ready to make a real contribution to our goal of building a better working world, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
- We offer a competitive compensation package
- Ownership for your area, in a culture that encourages people to speak up and challenge the status quo
- Career support from some of the most engaging colleagues in the business
- The ability to take on different responsibilities and learn new skills
- The freedom to provide excellence in a way that’s suited to you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.